Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery for Bosch cordless drill

In article ,
Adam Funk wrote:
I googled the battery number, 2607335709, & it appears to be extinct,
but you can buy "compatible" ones for £25 & up. I'm interested in
opinions on whether replacing one or both batteries is worthwhile.

Rather depends on how much you like the drill. If nothing special, I'd go
for a Lidl offering (you have to keep an eye out for them) They are all
Li-Ion these days which seem to be a better and longer lasting type of
battery. The problem being that replacement batteries if not genuine vary
a lot in quality. And how much current they can deliver makes a big
difference to drill performance.

There are firms around who will re-cell batteries for you. I had one done
for a much loved Wickes drill that included a right angle drive.
Replacement cells - despite a highish cost - weren't as good as the
originals, though.

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.