Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming LEDs

In article ,
tahrey m wrote:
The other clue is that the quality of light changes with incandescents
when you dim them, the colour shifts towards the red-orange end of the
spectrum (and beyond that, deeper into the infrared). The colour of a
dimmed LED remains constant, with no wavelength shifts; it just reduces
in quantity. So no additional heat should be produced, in fact due to
the reducing current it should reduce in proportion to the useful output
(ie visible light

Which is one thing I dislike about LEDs. I tend to dim lights when I'm
relaxing. And the 'sun going down' quality of the light from dimmed
tungsten suits me well. And that's before LEDs not matching halogen
quality when that's on full. Perhaps one day.

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.