Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Screw/wallplug size

Biggles Wrote in message:
"Jim K.." Wrote in message:
charles Wrote in message:
In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
I am replacing some old wall lights with some new Där fittings. I was
somewhat surprised to see that the wallplugs and screws supplied were of
different lengths. The wallplugs were 25mm x 5mm, and the screws 35mm x
3.5mm. The diameters match well, but why would you use a 35mm screw with
a 25mm wallplug?

You recess the plug into the wall so that it is not putting any strain on
the plaster.

Who else does that?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I do. Sand/cement skimmed plastered wall. Two reasons, one to
avoid risk of plaster cracking, two I am securing item to the
brick, not the plaster. I often discard supplied screws and plugs
and fit longer ones.

Sand & cement ? Sounds like render again
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/