L Beck

Default Solar Landscape Lights

"Joe Bobst" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience with these solar-powered lights?

Next door neighbor bought and installed them. Looked good in daylight.

First
night, one winked out. Later in week, they were all dim. After fussing

with
them for a month or so, they are now replaced with hard wired lamps on an
automatic sensor and timer set up. Technology wasn't quite up to the job

in
this case. HTH

Joe

Put some along a slate-rock walkway over a year ago - have had no problems
with them. This walkway is under a sycamore tree, so in the summer they're
pretty much shaded. Even in these short days of winter we're still getting
light from them. Only thing I've done is to make sure the solar panels
doesn't get very dirty, and once in a while we'll have to replace the
battery. But so far haven't had to do anything. I just imagine that very
late into the night they do dim out, but we're asleep by that time, so it's
not a concern - at least for us.

We even took one to our summer property - we don't have a septic tank
installed yet so we have a porta-potty inside a tarped enclosure. Set the
light outside during the day and inside the enclosure after the sun went
down. Made a good night-light.

If you're looking for something that will keep bright lights from sundown
until sunrise, you want the hard-wired kind. But for us, these are just
fine.