jim

Default Solar Landscape Lights

Banister Stairwell wrote:

My wife wants landscape lights for the front yard. She's convinced that
solar powered lights will work fine, but I'm not sure. They do seem to be
less expensive than their hard-wired transformer & timer operated
counterparts. One of my concerns is that there are many areas of our yard
that do not receive direct sunlight. Another concern is that they don't
seem very bright.

Has anyone had any experience with these solar-powered lights? I'd be most
grateful for any comments or opinions on the pros and cons of solar vs.
standard landscape lights.

Thanks in advance.

we went to the local harbor freight retail store to get something and i
picked up a solar lawn light.. the wife said: put it back its junk...
she saw some in either kmart or walmart and she knows all the clerks
there and was told the same thing about the ones that they sell also...
so i would take her word for it... but in your case let the wife have
her way and she will also be saying that they are junk.... anything i
ever got with a solar cell on it or a rechargable battery turned out to
be junk.. they never lasted very long...