Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Sanding Down Epoxy Gloss Coat

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 2:26:18 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I recently applied one coat of an Epoxy High Gloss coat to a floating kitchen island. I had just enough to cover the top so, instead of letting it pour over for smooth edges, I lined all the edges with painters tape. Got it as level as possible, but there are still edges that slope upward and, with the tape removed, have created a sharp edge that I would like to round out and smooth down.

I was thinking just sanding it down, but am looking for any advice I can get. After the corners are smooth I want them to be shiny again so please let me know where you think I should go from here, thanks.

Here is a thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUBzF0LSnM