art

Default Joint sweating

Heat the valve...not the line. Sweat both sides and then wipe. Don't admire
your work on the first joint....immediately proceed to the second joint,
sweat, then wipe, then admire your work. This is a quick process...no dilly
dallying...you don't want the valve to cool down until you're finished
sweating both ends. You don't mention flux....I assume your fluxing the
joint, yes? and really cleaning both ends of the pipe and reaming the pipe
ends? yes?.....

replies to - leave out NOSPAM if emailing..

"William Brown" wrote in message
I am going to replace the gate valves in my home the ball valves, so I
have been reading up on sweating joints. Briefly, the advice is to heat
the valve, then heat the line, then heat the valve while applying the
solder, then wipe the joint with a wet rag. My question is, since there
will be two joints at each valve, should I solder both before wiping
with the rag, or should I complete one, and then do the other. I am a
bit concerned that if I fully complete one, I may undo it while doing
the second, while if I wait to wipe until I have done both, the first
will have cooled to where the wiping will be ineffective.
there.