Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default Syncing media files

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:48:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I haven't really noticed Sound Forge doing anything to the quality as
long as you go MP3 in to MP3 out only changing the volume. I
understand if it has to uncompress and recompress the file, you will
be losing stuff.

if you don't hear any issues then I would't worry about it....but
there are programs that can change the level of an MP3 without uncompressing and recompressing.

MP3gain is one example.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

use caution when downloading any exe from the internet.

I have standardized my mp3 at a level of 89. When I get an mp3 that is really loud, I run it through mp3gain set for a level of 89.

mark

+1
You can run a folder of hundreds of MP3s and set a "standard"
loudness in seconds. Useful when you use an MP3 player and don't want
to keep fiddling with the volume.

Other must-haves are mp3tag (portable install option) to
check/alter the filenames/tags:
https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

and Spek (portable), to detect false bitrates:
http://spek.cc/

Most Youtube downloads sound streams are a mere 96kbps.
~160kbps vbr is probably a minimum for "good" quality.

Check with Virustotal or Jotti before using.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012