Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default up is on or up is off? .....

On Tuesday, 22 January 2019 16:26:38 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 22/01/2019 15:20, Jethro_uk wrote:

I think railway signalmen were onto that over a century previously, no ?
Railway signals using a colour *and* position to indicate status.

Didn't they have to change the meaning of mechanical signals? Signal
lever flag down initially meant that it was safe to proceed but the
signals had a tenancy to freeze in that position in winter weather.??

Is thre a convention for which (on mixer taps) that hot is on the left and cold on the right. I seemed to remmebr sweden being the oppersite way around.
A friend of mine just had their kitchen done and the fitter said I've just put yuor taps around the right way, and now after 20+ years of being around the 'wrong' way keeps turning the wrong tap on/off.