Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Powermatic Cabinet Saw and Jointer

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 12:10:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 7:03:08 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:
I helped the lady who has these go through her husbands tools to
estimate price for a recent garage sale. The saw has a bunch of extra
"stuff." The saw and jointer didn't sell, btu they are nice pieces of
equipment. I told her not to take any lowball offers at the garage sale.

Looking at the asking price on Craiglist list for similar equipment I
think she has her asking price set to low and I told her so, but she
does want to sell.

I didn't see them listed yet on the local Craigslist, but here is where
she has them listed on Facebook Marketplace.

Saw:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...39324676567819

Made in USA PM66 with Biesemeyer fence. And mobile base. And Forrest blade. And cast iron tenoning jig. Doesn't say if it is 3 or 5 HP motor. That might be a factor. I don't think a $1500 asking price would be wrong. Maybe take $1400. I think if you can get it for $1000, I'd sell/give away your contractor saw and take this one instead.

Perhaps the tenoning jig should not be included in determining the price. It's not an item
that every cares about or would want to pay for. It's like increasing the asking price of a car
because it comes with a really nice baby seat. Some might care, others not so much.

If the asking price is raised to $1500, then the listing should say "Free tenoning jig Included!" ;-)