Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Powermatic Cabinet Saw and Jointer

On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 7:03:08 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:
I helped the lady who has these go through her husbands tools to
estimate price for a recent garage sale. The saw has a bunch of extra
"stuff." The saw and jointer didn't sell, btu they are nice pieces of
equipment. I told her not to take any lowball offers at the garage sale.

Looking at the asking price on Craiglist list for similar equipment I
think she has her asking price set to low and I told her so, but she
does want to sell.

I didn't see them listed yet on the local Craigslist, but here is where
she has them listed on Facebook Marketplace.

Saw:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...39324676567819

Made in USA PM66 with Biesemeyer fence. And mobile base. And Forrest blade. And cast iron tenoning jig. Doesn't say if it is 3 or 5 HP motor. That might be a factor. I don't think a $1500 asking price would be wrong. Maybe take $1400. I think if you can get it for $1000, I'd sell/give away your contractor saw and take this one instead.

Jointer:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...46709382477371

In Yuma, Az

I'd have made her an offer myself, but I just don't have room for the
additional equipment and I do already have a decent contractor table saw
and a smaller jointer.