Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Apprentice and Hex keys

On 21/01/2019 16:50, jkn wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 6:23:59 PM UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 13/01/2019 12:35, Roger Hayter wrote:

I think the decimetre gets used quite a lot, at least in France. We
don't seem to use it at all.

The Range sells net curtains by the decimetre, but they don't brag
about it.

Most fabrics are sold (retail) in multiples of 10cm, FWIW. I don't often see it
referred to as a decimetre though

The only place you used to see a decimetre was old wooden 12" rulers,
where the metric side had a third of the length in mm, a third in cm,
and the rest just one decimetre - I suppose to teach kids the
difference. The only use for the decimetre part was to write your name. g

--
Max Demian