Ken

Default Furnace Humidifier recommendation

I installed a Honeywell HE260 last weekend on our geothermal heat
pump. It is a bypass model similar to the Aprilaire. Very happy with
it so far. I've done more research since I installed it than I did
before, and I am glad I went with the pad type unit. It seems that
this design is mechanically the simplest, and probably avoids many
problems such as bacteria growth and deposit build up. It does require
a drain which wasn't a problem for my installation. The unit was about
$122 at a local HVAC supply house through my business. Included
humidistat, but I had to buy 6" duct pipe, elbows, damper, drain and
supply lines.

If you had used another model, available to HVAC pros(not to be confused
with certain Morons, uh, Mormons), it would have been easier. And the
damper would have been included.....

You left out cheaper too...

HeatMan and CBHVAC,
My brother-in-law is considering a similar installation. Can you guys
elaborate on 'easier' and 'cheaper' and offer the brand and model we
should check out. I suppose my installation cost about $150 and took
me a Saturday afternoon.
Thanks,
Ken