Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Curtain wire problem - sounds easy but aint!

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 5:38:51 PM UTC, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 20/01/2019 17:31, Murmansk wrote:
Old fashioned curtain wire - like a spring/tube with a plastic covering..Hook or eye screws into end of wire, eye or hook screws into wall.

Window has plasterboard either side. Someone's attached hook using a tiny wall plug, but it just pulls out because the hook's thread is too slim to make the plug expand and if you were to use a proper plasterboard plug it would be even worse as the hole in the plug is massive.

And of course, the curtain wire exerts a constant slight tension on the fixing.

In the end I've glued a plasterboard plug in with silicone and glued a hook into the plug too but I'm not optimistic. Any better ideas? Might need to use Araldite next!

We use those telescopic spring loaded tension rods that exert a force
into the the two sides. No fixings required and work every time.
This sort of thing:-
http://tinyurl.com/tensionrod

We have those in a french door/window holding net curtains. I find them too prone to come undone