Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default seeking ideas for low cost sheet material for tool drawer separators

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 2:56:27 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
jkn wrote:
Some sheets of 2mm Alu would be nice, guillotined down, but that looks a
bit pricy unless I happen across some. Thin MDF would be too weak, I
think. FR4 PCB material might work, but the offcuts I see at work are
only 10mmdeep or so, and some treatment would need to be applied to the
edges - GF splinters are not nice!

I use that stuff for lots of things - and never had a problem with GF
splinters. I would normally give the edges a rub over with a file, though.

--
*America is so advanced that even the chairs are electric.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Hi Dave
I picked up some from the waste bins a while back and got some horrid
skin rash/cuts which I attribute to splinters from the GF. Mind you, it was
punched out stuff. If it was easy to get in the length I was looking for I'd
probably use it, and either take the edges off and/or paint the ends...

J^n