Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No earth to light switch, so sinking a plastic surface back box in a wall?

In article ,
wrote:
I've just found a better solution to this particular problem. There's a
light switch in the adjacent room, almost exactly behind the switch
that's bothering me, and this has an earth. They are on the same
lighting circuit so an earth wire through the wall and all is well.

Do check the earth is connected to earth, though. In the days when earths
weren't mandatory but TW&E was around, you'd often fine it connected at
one end, but not the other...

--
*Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.