Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Joining CU neutral terminal blocks

On 19/01/2019 16:30, charles wrote:
In article ,
sm_jamieson wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:03:40 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 11:27:42 AM UTC, ARW wrote:
On 18/01/2019 17:04, sm_jamieson wrote:
I have a MK Sentry split load CU that I am turning into an all-RCBO
board, so I need to join the neutral bars together. The existing
board had 4 neutral sections with the first two joined together by
a rather thin-looking U shaped link. The neutral bars are supposed
to be able to take 16mm cable. Can I just join them together with
16mm rigid cable like the stuff you use for large earth connections
(obviously will be sleeved in brown) ? Thanks, Simon.

16mm will have 7 strands. It will be fine.

-- Adam

OK thanks, just needed to check it would pass inspection !

Putting in more RCBOs I need to tidy the wiring up a bit. I have plenty
of slack. It seems like the best practice is to run the incoming
circuit cables quite low behind the RCBOs and then loop them back up to
be connected. That way you avoid a rats nest crammed in above the RCBOs.

Simon.

Just a thought. Its nice to have light in the CU cupboard ! What is the
simplest acceptable way to wire (surface-wired) a light so it can be on
when the CU main switch is off ? Perhaps without fitting a whole second
mini-CU, henley blocks, etc. e.g. via a fused switch directly from the
main incomers.

Use a good head-mounted LED llight

https://www.toolstation.com/nightsea...p-torch/p21740

just aim it upwards and it lights up most things.

--
Adam