Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Super Material

Robin wrote:
On 19/01/2019 09:14, FMurtz wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:46:55 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'll add another. Tesco pickled cucumber jars. Lids tightened to the
point where even a crowbar won't loosen them.

Don't exaggerate, Dave. I've asked you a million times (maybe more) not
to exaggerate.

try this,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bottle+lid...%2Fs-l1000.jpg

https://tinyurl.com/y7af3byz

I'm not so sure.Â* We have a collection of such tools but I sometimes
decide that drilling a hole in the lid is the safest thing.

My pet hate are the lids with steeply sloping edges - apparently
designed to defeat everything up to and including strap wrenches.

This lid remover is the best on this earth and I bet one is not in your
collection or you would be sure, they are not easy to find but get one
and you will never have trouble again.
They pop the seal as soon as you squeeze and then hold securely to open.