Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

Default WHY DOESN'T MY SNOWBLOWER BLOW SNOW

On 2019-01-19 3:01 p.m., Tekkie® wrote:
Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
On 1/12/19 3:32 PM, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

sounds like a shear bolt sheared or a belt slipping under load

replaced all the belts and checked the pins 100 times
is the chute rusty? keep it clean and smooth and well waxed. Olso
make sure the engine is getting up to proper speed. It takes
"velocity" to get distance, and too much resistance slows it down

the chute is plastic pvc it runs well it just doesn't throw snow like it
used to

Are you sure you remember what full speed really sounds like? If it runs
full speed but won't throw snow, then it's not the engine. Also, if
something else is wrong, if it won't throw the snow because of that,
I suppose if you try to continue to jamb snow into it, then that could
bog the engine down too.

i guess you're not getting what i'm trying to describe

You've given conflicting descriptions. You said:

"the chute is plastic pvc it runs well it just doesn't throw snow like it
used to "

Then you said you're going to work on the carb. If the engine runs well,
then it's not the carb.

You said:

"it's at least 12 inches of snow and when i give it gas , it stalls in
the deep stuff"

12" isn't that much. What does it do in just 6"? If it develops full
power, doesn't bog down, but still only blows the snow a few feet, then
that suggests it's not the engine. If the thing has something else wrong
so that it can't properly blow snow, then the engine bogging down and
stalling in the deeper stuff could be secondary to the problem of it
not blowing the snow. If it can't move it, I would think it could just
bog down. Also, IDK what "giving it gas" means. A snowblower is supposed
to be run on max throttle, you set it to that and don't move it around.

i don't measure snow depth when i use it

if it's not the engine then what

the throttle is a hand squeesable lever on the handle it has no setting

do you know what a snowblower is
I've owned 5 or 6 - only one was a single stage - and I've likely
worked on over 100 - and I've never seen a "squeezable handle"
throttle. They have all been governed engines and the only "adjusting"
of the throttle is to limit how far the snow flies - if you adjust it
at all. Wide open throttle is "normal"

On a single stage "snow thrower" or "power shovel" - usually with 2
stroke engines, a hand throttle is more common.

A 4 stroke governed engine runs at a fixed speed of aprox 3600 RPM
and when the engine is loaded the governor opens the throttle plate to
maintain the speed. If the speed drops you are over-feeding the snow
so you release the drive clutch and/or select a lower gear.

My current unit is a hydrostatic Yamaha - and I'll never willingly go
back to a multi-speed friction drive unit again. The jury is still out
on the track-drive. A differential driven wheel drive is easier to
handle and what little experience I've had with the "power steer"
units has been positive. The track drive DOES have superior traction
without the hassle of chains.

i'm attaching a web site that will ,
show you a photo of what my snowblower looks like ,
see those little orange levers one is the throttle ,
one is for the auger and just let me add ,
i've already thanked everyone for all their help here .
i posted a thank you yesterday then i moved on to other things ,
but in revisiting the topic let me say ,
you have been no help what so ever

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/u...267031_614.jpg

The throttle is on the engine - well out of reach when operating the
blower. The two controls on the handle are the wheel drive clutch and
the auger clutch. The black "pistol grip" handle low on the handle is
the shift lever.
The green crank handle is to rotate the chute.
The rubber "bulb" on the back of the engine is the primer.
The chute on thhat blower is steel - not plastic.
It looks like it has been recently painted, and if not smooth will
affect the distance it throws snow.

the photo is a sample it's not my snowblower just looks like mine ,
i know nothing about the one in the photo ,
it was the first one i saw in a google search
So what make and model? or is it a Trump Snowflake blower.

the same as the one in the photo

Which does NOT have a plastic chute, or a handlebar mounted throttle.

For all know you are a flake in Florida who's never seen a snowblower
just crawled out from under your bridge.

Snow or dandruff?

cocaine