Anthony Diodati

Default Ignition Problem Fix for Armstrong Ultra SX-80 Furnace

So IOW there should not have been a lot of
condensation in the combustion chamber in the area of the hose
fitting,causeing the rust in the first place?
Tony D.

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"Anthony Diodati" wrote in message
Why is that? Would not a lack of vacuum to the pressure switch not allow

the
furmace to light?
Tony D.

Lack of vac would indeed, but what he describes is another larger problem
that needs to be addressed, and while anyone can hack in a fix, the real
tech will find the real problem, and repair the unit, not put a patch on

it.
That was a patch...nothing more.

Case in point. I had a customer that had (key word, HAD) a 3 year old

Rheem
90% condensing furnace. He had allowed his cousin, who had a friend in the
trade who had a friend...and so on, install it for him. I got called out

for
a no heat call. When I got there, the unit was installed BELOW grade, in a
crawlspace and had been flooded. I priced out a new unit. Period. The

maker
of the unit even states in clear letters, not to run the unit if it has

been
exposed to water.
He of course, declined and called his buddy of a buddy of a buddy back out
who basically, disabled all the safetys, vac'd out the primary heat
exchanger and blocked the drain at somepoint.
I got called back about a month later. The home had caught on
fire....sorta...the lower floor joists were found to be smoldering one
morning since the drain had blocked up, filled the primary heat exchanger
with water again, the inducer motor had been rigged to run all the time,

and
the roll outs had been bypassed.
The flame was NOT going into the heat exchanger, but instead were rolling
out into the vented side, and the heat was scorching the joists.
He had no real legal means to go after the guy that installed or

"repaired"
it since he was not licenced or insured, and is now the owner of a

properly
installed unit, above grade, with all permits and inspections done.
Sometimes, JUST because you got it to run, does not mean its running
correctly, or that you solved the real problem.

"kjpro" kjpro @ starband . net wrote in message
. net...
As I have already told you, he fix a symptom not the problem.

--
kjpro