Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Apprentice and Hex keys

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 19/01/2019 09:56, Rod Speed wrote:

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...

They could change if they needed to. Their military talks about
'klicks' for kilometres, due, I assume, to their propensity for
joining other armies for foreign expeditions.

Nope, it isnt for that reason.

I would have thought that it's because they want a one-syllable word
(like "mile") that begins with k for kilometre.

But that doesnt explain why they changed from miles to km.

Is that the reason,

No.

or is there another one?

yep. The military standardised on kilometers because NATO did that.

And NATO includes a lot of countries that use the metric system. And goes
on foreign expeditions.

It hadn't gone on any at the time it went to kilometres.

So I was right.

Nope, wrong, as always.