Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Super Material

"Max Demian" wrote in message
.. .
On 19/01/2019 09:14, FMurtz wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:46:55 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'll add another. Tesco pickled cucumber jars. Lids tightened to the
point where even a crowbar won't loosen them.

Don't exaggerate, Dave. I've asked you a million times (maybe more) not
to exaggerate.

try this,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bottle+lid...%2Fs-l1000.jpg
https://tinyurl.com/y7af3byz

Looks like it could do some damage to the lid.

Yes it does.

Better the kind with a belt around the lid, a strap wrench.

Trouble with those is that they dont grip the lid as well,
the strap wrench can still slip because there isnt enough
of the lid side for the strap wrench to grip.

I don't know whether domestic versions are available.

Yes they are. But
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...e=UTF8&ps c=1
works much better. They arent perfect, I have one set of jars which
have a much deeper rim than usual and these dont work with
those at all because they cant get under the lower edge of the lid.

There is also these
https://www.amazon.com/One-Touch-291.../dp/B00113OYK2
which appear to be a clone of the original now discontinued Culinare
but the Culinare keep breaking. I havent tried a clone yet but they are
by far the most expensive so would need to be reliable. They do work
well before they break tho.