Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Joining CU neutral terminal blocks

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:03:40 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 11:27:42 AM UTC, ARW wrote:
On 18/01/2019 17:04, sm_jamieson wrote:
I have a MK Sentry split load CU that I am turning into an all-RCBO board, so I need to join the neutral bars together.
The existing board had 4 neutral sections with the first two joined together by a rather thin-looking U shaped link.
The neutral bars are supposed to be able to take 16mm cable.
Can I just join them together with 16mm rigid cable like the stuff you use for large earth connections (obviously will be sleeved in brown) ?
Thanks,
Simon.

16mm will have 7 strands. It will be fine.

--
Adam

OK thanks, just needed to check it would pass inspection !

Putting in more RCBOs I need to tidy the wiring up a bit.
I have plenty of slack.
It seems like the best practice is to run the incoming circuit cables quite low behind the RCBOs and then loop them back up to be connected. That way you avoid a rats nest crammed in above the RCBOs.

Simon.

Just a thought. Its nice to have light in the CU cupboard !
What is the simplest acceptable way to wire (surface-wired) a light so it can be on when the CU main switch is off ?
Perhaps without fitting a whole second mini-CU, henley blocks, etc.
e.g. via a fused switch directly from the main incomers.

Simon.