Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Super Material

In message , Robin
writes
On 19/01/2019 09:14, FMurtz wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:46:55 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'll add another. Tesco pickled cucumber jars. Lids tightened to the
point where even a crowbar won't loosen them.

Don't exaggerate, Dave. I've asked you a million times (maybe more) not
to exaggerate.

try this,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bottle+lid...es&ia=images&i
ai=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fi%2F131 415653994-0-1%2Fs-l1000
https://tinyurl.com/y7af3byz

I'm not so sure. We have a collection of such tools but I sometimes
decide that drilling a hole in the lid is the safest thing.

My pet hate are the lids with steeply sloping edges - apparently
designed to defeat everything up to and including strap wrenches.

I find a post office supplied elastic band a best first move. Wrapped
round the offending lid gives purchase up to the force available.

Concur on plastic wrapping. I guess it costs the manufacturers no more
to use untearable material.

Advancing age seems to bring a problem with separating newspaper pages..
eyesight, dry finger tip skin?

My pet hate is the plastic cover on Waitrose sticky toffee puddings.
Undoubtedly some manufacturer has invested in a process which attaches
the transparent lid so securely that all attempts at tidy removal end in
abject failu-(

--
Tim Lamb