Nate Weber

Default Bond all grounds together?

I submit to you that you DO NOT want to tie an lightning protection to
your
electrical service. Lightning protection is a sacrificial system. It dies
for the life of the building. All of the lightning systems (UL96A) I have
installed were grounded separately from the electrical service by at least
10 feet. I did a hospital that wanted the connections as you describe.

When
I checked with the gas company they FREAKED. Letters came fast and

furious.
No lightning protection connection to the gas line or no gas period.
The last computer building I did had 2 ground rings one for electrical

stuff
and one for the lightning protection system, separated by 20 feet of

earth.
The amount of energy that a single lightning bolt CAN deliver is sometimes
close to infinity for a fraction of a second.

What about article 250.106? "The lightning protection system ground
terminals
shall be bonded to the building or structure grounding electrode system"

Nate

--
http://www.NateTechnologies.net:8000