Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

Andy Burns wrote:

I gather that shredded paper generally avoids being recycled because it
falls through a fine trommel screen at the start of the line, so
shredded bottles would probably do the same.

Our council (Nottinghamshire) tells us that shredded paper is OK
in our recycling bins.

When I visited the sorting facility recently, we saw the trommel
screen which removed all small "contamination" which then went
straight to landfill. This would clearly pass any crosscut paper
shreddings.

I queried this, and they said that I was correct, but they
felt that it was psychologically better to encourage recycling.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.