Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Joining CU neutral terminal blocks

On Friday, 18 January 2019 20:42:15 UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
On Friday, 18 January 2019 19:55:43 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 18 January 2019 17:04:50 UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
I have a MK Sentry split load CU that I am turning into an all-RCBO board,
so I need to join the neutral bars together.
The existing board had 4 neutral sections with the first two joined
together by a rather thin-looking U shaped link.
The neutral bars are supposed to be able to take 16mm cable.
Can I just join them together with 16mm rigid cable like the stuff you
use for large earth connections (obviously will be sleeved in brown) ?

Yes, although to comply with type approval it should really be a genuine MK part.

http://www.sparkiespares.com/index.p...ct&id_la ng=2

If you do make your own, some will say it should have crimped ferrules.

Owain

I don't think that cable will fit in the neutral terminal block, it is for joining switches and only fits in the top of the switch which has much wider "holes".

Surely crimped ferules is only for fine strand cable ?
The point about using the 16mm singles cable is that being made of a few thick "wires" it does not need a ferrule.

Simon.

The factory made split load 16mm tri-rated cables have on one end a rectangular ferrule about 2mm x 8mm, and on the other end something like in the following link, although this does not look like a crimp, more like a solder item.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Cembre-A3-p...1094519&chn=ps