Posted to uk.d-i-y
Daniallo[_3_] Daniallo[_3_] is offline

Default Flickering MR16 LEDs

So, I had 5 x 50w MR16s in the bathroom on a dimmer switch.
Years of use & power usage, then I presume the switch died.
It was buzzing & all the bulbs went out individually over a period of a
couple of weeks. Bulbs tested OK, so dead transformers.

I decided to switch to LED & had a couple of Kanlux 0-30W LED drivers in
the garage, as all the old wiring was to be ripped out I decided to do a
proof of concept. Stuck a plug on the driver & wired in the LEDs x 4, they
flickered like a strobe light. This test was using Ideal lever conectors
with 5 ports, in 1x 12v in x4 LED out arrangement. Putting in 1 bulb at a
time with live 12v & no flicker.

Bulbs are Screwfix LAP 3w.

Did a bit of a jig & went with the diagram in the driver instructions, &
daisy chained them in parallel instead x3 this time, still the flicker,
remove 1 bulb & the flicker resolves itself after a second.

Not sure what the problem is here, between bulb cable length? I've done a
youtube demo to show the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk5IKwalTpM

Any ideas? Thanks.