Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Joining CU neutral terminal blocks

On Friday, 18 January 2019 17:04:50 UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
I have a MK Sentry split load CU that I am turning into an all-RCBO board,
so I need to join the neutral bars together.
The existing board had 4 neutral sections with the first two joined
together by a rather thin-looking U shaped link.
The neutral bars are supposed to be able to take 16mm cable.
Can I just join them together with 16mm rigid cable like the stuff you
use for large earth connections (obviously will be sleeved in brown) ?

Yes, although to comply with type approval it should really be a genuine MK part.

http://www.sparkiespares.com/index.p...ct&id_la ng=2

If you do make your own, some will say it should have crimped ferrules.

Owain