Posted to alt.home.repair
Sardox Sardox is offline

Default Glue for replacing mobile phone protective glass

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 22:32:21 -0500, Dan Espen wrote:

https://vkrepair.com/loca-glue/

The thin glass is as flat as plate glass.
There are no bubbles. There are no wrinkles. It's smooth as glass.
It definitely has "plastic" sandwiched inside (like a windshield does).

The evidence for the plastic is that it cracked in half and stayed intact.
Also, the water droplets were INSIDE the glass (which cleared in the sun).

So I have a new uncracked screen on order - which solves the glue problem.
The new screen comes "pre glued" with "sticky stuff" (like trim adhesive).

The uv cured Urethane Acrylic glue that Dan Espen suggested seems best.
Meanwhile, I've used "Fixodent" which worked surprisingly well so far.
https://www.authoritydental.org/fixodent-review