Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Default Laser printer problems

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 14:35:21 +0000, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 16/01/2019 12:26, Andy Burns wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:

My Dell C1760nw laser printer no longer wants to print labels
properly. Instead of all the ink sticking to the paper properly first
time some of it gets left behind and then printed lower down the page

One supplier of 3rd part toners suggests "Gently slide the green tab of
the drum unit from side to side several times to clean up the corona wire."

Dell's troubleshooting section suggests using their toolbox to increase
the fuser temperature.

Thanks for your help. It also appears I can set the paper type to lables
which does alos help as well. I have lived in happy ignorance of these
settings in the past!

Yes, changing the 'paper type' setting changes the temperature and or
duration in the heated fixing rollers. When I print on envelopes I
have to wait slightly longer before they emerge.
--
Dave W