Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Combination microwave/oven repair

Tim+ wrote:

Siemens calls it a "temperature limiter", which I guess might be close
enough. The old one has no continuity. Neither does the new oe I bought
and fitted - but rather thoughtlessly, I only checked that after fitting
it and turning on the machine, so for all I know it has immediately
blown, or maybe it's not actually a fuse and it's normal for it to be
open.

How did you fit it? Just soldered it in? Use any heat-sinking? Pre-chill
it?

If you didn't take suitable precautions you may have inadvertently "blown"
the new thermal fuse by soldering.

No, I just bolted it into place and attched the clamps onto the
terminals.

Here it is in between the two hefty resistors:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0jZKqbOP5ZakhfAc2pvt8Hk_Q

Daniele