Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default New Wylfa not *quite* dead

On 17/01/2019 16:22, Brian Gaff wrote:
You are too late I already read it a week ago.
Brian

There's been speculation for a week on the lines of the Guardian report,
the Sky report is based on what Hitachi actually said today.

In fact I think the copy has just been re-written, I am sure the
original only said that they "could" write off the investment, not that
they *would*. It's still saying

"As a result we will be suspending the development of the Wylfa Newydd
project, as well as work related to Oldbury, until a solution can be found,"

"In the meantime we will take steps to reduce our presence but keep the
option to resume development in future."

Hitachi's investment to date is said to be £2.1B, much larger than
Toshiba's £100M in Moorside. Hitachi have really done a *lot* of work on
Wylfa.