Posted to alt.home.repair
devnull devnull is offline

Default phone service resiliency, was: connecting fios to my PC

On 1/16/19 7:25 PM, Frank wrote:
I have a great Comcast system for 2 years for about $200/month which includes all the movie channels like HBO, Showtime, and Starz and Netflix, all extended basic channels and top tier internet.Â* Download speeds capable of a gig per minute although best I
measured was 500.Â* I have their X1 system with main unit and satellite box on another set where you can DVR up to maybe 6 shows at a time watching another.Â* I have sets in 3 other rooms with HD tuner.Â* X1 system has voice command where you can just mention
a channel name and it will tune to it.Â* I hope I can renegotiate and retain it in 2 years.

Since we have both Comcast and FIOS access in our neighborhood guy across the street gets lowest cost 2 year deal from either and switches back and forth between the two when he cannot maintain his deal.Â* I could save money but wife would not tolerate
having to relearn the different systems with a switch.

Nice deal! That setup where I'm at would run north of $300 from Comcast.