Stormin Mormon

Default wires to capacitor on YORK AC unit are burned and melted

Dear Keith,
Did you get it fixed? What did the local guy do to fix it? Seeing as how
you're the one right there with the system, perhaps you can share your
experiences.
Thank you.

--

Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season

"Keith Reding" wrote in message
link.net...
I thought I would get my York central AC unit repaired well before summer
hits. The unit is about 9 years old. Last year, the unit stopped cooling
but the fan still ran fine. The repair guy look at it and the wires going
from the compressor area to the capicator had melted and stopped working.
The repair guy replaced the wires and the capicator. A few months later

it
happened again. A different repair from another company installed a heavy
duty wiring kit and the unit worked again for a few months then stopped

when
the wires melted again.

Obviously the unit is pushing too much current through these wires. A
friend said that it might have a starter relay on top of the compression
that is not shutting off after the compresser is started. I have not

taken
it apart to look.

Does this sound correct? I don't understand why the repair guys wouldn't
know this? Any other suggestions on the cause of the problem?

Thanks,

Keith