Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default phone service resiliency, was: connecting fios to my PC

On 1/16/2019 7:49 PM, danny burstein wrote:
In Frank "frank writes:

Since we have both Comcast and FIOS access in our neighborhood guy
across the street gets lowest cost 2 year deal from either and switches
back and forth between the two when he cannot maintain his deal. I
could save money but wife would not tolerate having to relearn the
different systems with a switch.

Might be worth calling Comcast and telling them, oh, ever so
politely, that you love their service but you just got a call
from FIOS offering the same options at half the price.

They just might, might, give you that "intro" deal.

I used to do this with the cableco by telling them about
the competing DSL from the telco. This worked back
when the speeds were the same, then when cable was up
to five and DSL at 3 megs, but the next time around,
when cable was at 30, they laughed at me...

We essentially do that but only way to succeed completely is to cancel
them and come back as my neighbor does. Too much aggravation for us senior.