Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dyson cyclone puzzle

On 16/01/19 20:26, wrote:
Dyson DC50, a lightweight ok but nothing spectacular machine except the air passages are too narrow.

Suction of dirt from the floor head is very poor. Hoses checked clear, changeover mechanism works correctly, head is unblocked, brush roll works fine, cyclone has been washed out, top filter washed out & output filter removed for now until it works right, then I can put it back but not sure I will.

So I tried to disassemble the cyclone without luck. Removed outer bin. Released all the tabs on the mesh unit that surrounds the central core, but one part of it would not budge out no matter what. I can't see why, and there seems no other route to get into the cyclone assembly. Any ideas? I'm a bit fed up with it.

Go to your local tip(s) and see if there is another DC50 there (there
seemed to be more Dysons than other makes when I dropped off some
electronic junk at my local tip last week). If there is one, ask the tip
operators if you can have one of the cyclones to (a) swap with your one
or (b) try to take apart. If the cyclones have no scrap value, there
shouldn't be a reason why they won't let you take it.

--

Jeff