Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Dry lining boxes

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 18:31:38 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 16/01/2019 10:48, Scott wrote:
In the ongoing Schuko saga, the kitchen fitters have installed two dry
lining boxes by screwing the yellow bits sideways into the chipboard,
leaving them wholly rigid and not quite parallel. Is this a
recognised way of fitting a back box?

Can dry lining boxes be used with chipboard? Someone told me they
were intended for plasterboard only, but I suspect this is incorrect.

Get them back to do the job properly.

Given that I am not a qualified electrician, would I not need to
instruct an expert report to demonstrate that what they have done is
not correct? This could cost orders of magnitude more than the sum in
dispute.