Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Braun Toothbrushes

On 16/01/2019 13:16, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 16/01/2019 12:40, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
DerbyBorn wrote:
Are all the different models basically the same motor / battery / drive
units with just the odd gimmick and different heads added - or is
there a
step change somewhere in the range?

The missus has a more expensive than usual one that beeps and pauses
every fifteen seconds so you can move on to the next quarter, and
flashes the handle red if you push too hard against your teeth.
These seem a bit gimmicky to me, but I suppose it's someone's job to
think of these things.Â* Having had to dismantle a few to change the
batteries, I'd suggest that the motor and gears are actually the
same.Â* We have a few ordinary AA battery-powered ones, too, and the
batteries last far longer than a charge does, but the action seems a
bit weak.

I've just upgraded to the cheapest "timer" model, as far as I can see
the mechanics are the same. (Battery on old one was dying). I used to
like the round brushes with the little rubber paddles, but the new one
has a more traditional elongated shape brush, which I also like.

Just what the Phillips? Panasonic? Which best-buy at £200 can do
different, I would really like to know.

I find the timer models motivate you to brush for a bit longer.

I tend to brush for a very long time.Â* Probably much longer than they'd
recommend.Â* But I don't often use an electric one anyway, I think you
can do more with an ordinary brush - certainly when it comes to getting
the bristles into the gaps.Â* My teeth are too close together to get
floss in, but we got one of those water flossers, which seems to work well.

The water flossers are not cheap!

--
Michael Chare