Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Braun Toothbrushes

On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 12:40:57 UTC, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
DerbyBorn wrote:

Are all the different models basically the same motor / battery / drive
units with just the odd gimmick and different heads added - or is there a
step change somewhere in the range?

The missus has a more expensive than usual one that beeps and pauses
every fifteen seconds so you can move on to the next quarter, and

a mildly annoying feature that only wastes time

flashes the handle red if you push too hard against your teeth. These

Useful if someone is unusually careless

seem a bit gimmicky to me, but I suppose it's someone's job to think of
these things. Having had to dismantle a few to change the batteries,
I'd suggest that the motor and gears are actually the same. We have a
few ordinary AA battery-powered ones, too, and the batteries last far
longer than a charge does, but the action seems a bit weak.

I had an AA one, it died very soon due to corrosion. Can't recommend it.

NT