Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Low level letterbox prohibition bill

On 16/01/2019 13:44, NY wrote:
Shame it
doesn't also mandate a minimum height of the hole, to accommodate
thicker packages without the postman having to ring the bell or take the
package back to the sorting office for you to collect.

It doesn't seem to make much difference where I live. On multiple
occasions I've had the card instructing me to go to the distribution
centre to pick up a package that is too large. On collecting the
"package" I find that it is two or more packages held together with a
red rubber band and if removed they would have all individually fitted
through my letter box with ease.