Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentice and Hex keys

On Tuesday, 15 January 2019 17:41:18 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 15 January 2019 16:23:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

So use metres, but I noticed that flight will level off at 31,000 ft
rather than 9448.8 metres. so why not just fly at 10k meters
or 10km. or perhaps 9km if they can't make 10km.

Because that doesnt give enough flight levels.

BS, as a metre is only 3 inches more than a yard.

Flight levels arent done in yards, they are done in feet
and even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should
have noticed that there are 3 feet in a yard.

What's that got to do with it.

and most airlines fly at around 30,000ft anyway.

But there are a number of available flight levels
at around that flight level 300 when done in feet
and far fewer when done in KM.

How.

Are yuo saying theres a flight level at 30,000ft and another at 29,999 and another at 30,001 ?

Or you're just too thick to understand the real reason.

https://www.quora.com/In-aviation-wh...asured-in-feet

Why? Because the Americans felt comfortable with that, and the rest of the world followed!

Everything is in feet!

The American Society for Promotion of Aviation was organized by ex-military aviators in NYC in 1925.

5,000 feet was a great height. And yes, it WAS denoted in feet.

So NOTHING to do with flight levels.

I can understand why they still use knots as it;s a nautical term becauxse they fly over water, they only use land speed when taking off or landing.

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

I ignored all your other **** on stuff like Concorde
because its even sillier **** than this silly ****.

In reality it's because you're too thick to understand it.