Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Laser printer problems

On 16/01/2019 12:15, Michael Chare wrote:
My Dell C1760nw laser printer no longer wants to print labels properly.
Instead of all the ink sticking to the paper properly first time some of
it gets left behind and then printed lower down the page messing up what
is supposed to be there.

It used to work properly. I used a different brand of labels which are a
bit better. How can I solve this problem and why might it have started
happening?

Plain paper is printed properly.

I'd suspect the choice of label. The latest roll of labels that I bought
(not for printing) are distinctly glossy, they don't even take ball pen
all that well.