Posted to rec.woodworking
TheBull TheBull is offline

Default Help with a dust collector

replying to Spark, TheBull wrote:
I have the same unit. Bought it new years ago for a cabinet shop. I too am
looking for a users manual but only to calculate how high to mount it so that
the cloth sock fits on the 55 gallon cardboard drum without floating. The
machine is a workhorse. Both ports on the front are for hooking up separate
lines for suction. If you want a collection basin to catch large pieces of
wood then you should put one in the incoming lines but the impeller fans are
pretty spread out so it would have to be a pretty big chunk to cause a
problem. You would be much better off putting a screen over the inlet for a
floor catch tray to avoid pushing anything large in to it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...or-394012-.htm