Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pontificus1@gmail.com is offline

Default Solving water heater left hand thread thermocouple problem

I have discovered the same problem as most other people with the left hand thread thermocoupler. Before I try the Gerry rigged solution proposed of cutting the old fitting with a dremel and then fitting it over a new replacement right hand thread unit I would like to know if that solution is still working for those that did it? Thanks. Something has to work as replacing a perfectly good hot water tank when the only problem is the thermocoupler is totally insane.