Greg O

Default Furnace Humidifier recommendation

"Ace" wrote in message
One thing that interests me about the Desert Spring is that there is
nothing to periodically replace in it, just clean out a lower pan on it or
install an automatic flush device on it. They say you don't need one if

you
have soft water.
I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks

That pan is a problem! I had a wheel type humidifeir on my furnace before I
knew better, the pan is a breeding ground for all kinds of mold and
bacteria! You would not believe the scum that will acumulate there. As far
as water usage, my water bill was no larger with the Aprilaire, in fact I
can not tell the differance in water use with or without the humidifier.
Go with the any of the Aprilaire Units. Nothing to clean, replace the media
every year or two.
Greg