Posted to alt.home.repair

Default basement toilet

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:44:13 GMT, Brian
m wrote:

I have a raised bungalow and the toilet in the basement tends to run
constantly. (Sounds like its trying to self flush almost.) I replaced the
tower in the tank thinking that the bottom seal was worn out, but it
continued. Therefore I replaced the toilet with a Cadet 3 toilet from HD. It
worked fine for maybe 6 months and has started to run constantly again. There
is nothing blocking the seal and we don't use those tank
deodorant/self-cleaning pucks. Any thoughts?

Is the float level right? (not overflowing and going down that center
tube)
If that is OK the other thing is to be sure the flapper in the bottom
of the tank is sealing (no crud in seal, chain adjusted right etc)
Some of these new toilets are pretty picky about that chain
adjustment. The flapper may not drop right if it is wrong.
Can you seat the flapper by hand and stop the drip?