Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Irish Border

In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
bert wrote:
Another issue as the noise levels at take off. The initial sale tour
was in an aircraft using prototype engines which were substantially
noisier. Unfortunately the damage was done even though the production
versions were below the sound levels in a typical disco.

Regardless of how you try to fiddle the figures,

??? We are talking reason for Concorde's poor sales figures.
your own ears would tell you it was the noisiest of all passenger
aircraft by a vast margin. In the time when jets were getting quieter.

I didn't say it wasn't I merely gave a comparison to another common
sound level.

You regularly have discos flying over your house?

I'd take more water with it.

But in common with so many you've fiddled figures to suit yourself. Sound
pressure levels are a function of distance. Not difficult to get high
levels close to speakers.

--
*A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times more memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.