Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing a corrugated asbestos-cement roof

On Sunday, 13 January 2019 19:09:00 UTC, wrote:
I have a large shed (far too large to consider re-roofing) which has a
corrugated asbestos-cement roof that probably dates from the 60s. It's
in quite good condition but there are a couple of cracks and one 4" hole
where a pipe used to pass through.
It seems the repair options are either Flashband (+primer), an EPDM
patch, making a GRP patch, covering with a bit of corrugated roofing, or
using galvanised mesh and cement. What else should I be thinking of? Any
recommendations?

If replacement isn't practical, a cheap effective option is:
Apply bitumen paint
Apply cloth
Apply bitumen paint
Sprinkle on sand.