Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Repairing a corrugated asbestos-cement roof

The problem with this stuff is that as the building settles, the roof is
under stress and fixing cracks etc, is only postponing the inevitable. I
think it goes brittle with age myself. The only, not very pretty thing I did
for some years till I was ready to let it go was to use plastic corrugated
stuff over it, tucked under the apex strip. Fillers, glue and other clever
things seem not to bond to the powdering asbestos very well.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
I have a large shed (far too large to consider re-roofing) which has a
corrugated asbestos-cement roof that probably dates from the 60s. It's in
quite good condition but there are a couple of cracks and one 4" hole where
a pipe used to pass through.
It seems the repair options are either Flashband (+primer), an EPDM patch,
making a GRP patch, covering with a bit of corrugated roofing, or using
galvanised mesh and cement. What else should I be thinking of? Any
recommendations?